2) Submit a position letter to the CA Legislative Portal
– Write a brief letter in your own words summarizing your position on each bill. This does not need to be more than a few sentences stating “I oppose XXX bill because ….”. Make sure your letter is polite, to the point, and sounds convincing. Remember you are trying to sway the legislators to vote the way you want them to, not alienate them.
– Create an account or sign in athttps://calegislation.lc.ca.gov/Advocates/
– Click “Submit a letter” and enter the bill number, and follow the instructions to upload your letter to the appropriate committees, repeating for each bill. (Note: AB1993 and AB1797 have not been assigned to committee so letters cannot be submitted currently)
4) Contact leaders of businesses, organizations, unions, school boards, Chambers of Commerce, City Councils, etc. who should be on our side, because they will be affected by one or more of these bills, and ask them to submit a position letter to the legislature.